Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yet another random question from me!

Right I want shoes.....not designer tho (can%26#39;t afford them!) - now this to any %26#39;normal%26#39; woman is not a major problem except I have big feet - a UK 9, Euro 42 and US 11/12 - I hate going in shoe shops picking out shoes to find that they dont do them big enough or when they come back and say %26#39;we have it in a 7%26#39; - well that%26#39;s fine then I%26#39;ll just chop my toes off!





Anyhow - does anyone know where I can get reasonable priced (max price would be for shoes about 80usd and for boots 120 usd) ladies shoes in this size - specifically I want a pair of Knee High Boots (are they called Tall Boots there?) and that%26#39;s where the other problem comes in as my calfs are about 16-17'; and no where in England seems to do them wide enough!!!





Can anyone help?



Yet another random question from me!


Please....I can%26#39;t be the only woman out there with big feet.....oh I feel unloved and abnormal....:(



Yet another random question from me!


LOL -- I have the opposite problem, I wear 5 1/2 -- and the department stores start at 6. Every now and then I stop by the shoe dept. at Lord %26amp; Taylor, Macy%26#39;s, Bloomie%26#39;s, etc., and complain, but no luck yet.





I know there are shops that carry large sizes, I%26#39;ll try and scout some out for you.




Thanks you%26#39;re a star :) - if you ever fancy sailing on the lake in Central Park let me know and I%26#39;ll lend you by sneaker to use as a boat ;)




First, I%26#39;ve just been looking on some online websites that specialize in this sort of thing and they say a European 42 = a UK 8 and US 10??? So if you%26#39;re a UK 9, that sounds like a US 11. Size 11 is available here in some ';regular'; shops but for size 12 you need a specialty store. The challenge will be to find what you want discounted. Here are some thoughts.





DSW is a discount shoe store on 14th st. They say they carry some ';special sizes'; on their website dswshoes.com, which they define as



';Do you stock special sizes?



DSW considers special sizes for women to be 5-陆 and below, 9-陆, and 10-陆 and above. Special sizes and narrow widths are identified with yellowish-green stickers on shoeboxes. Wide widths are identified with orange stickers.';





I would say it%26#39;s worth a trip and not far from there is Loehmann%26#39;s at 7th ave %26amp; 16th st. This is a discount clothing store that also carries shoes. They may have some 11s. Also near there is a TJ Maxx that may have some 11s.





But to be sure to find your size, I think a plus size clothing store like Avenue or Lane Bryant may be your best bet and those won%26#39;t be discounted.





For a boot, I%26#39;ve seen a number of suede or ultrasuede stretch boots that adjust to larger calve sizes.





I also know there%26#39;s a specialty store that carries large sizes but just can%26#39;t seem to find it right now. They advertise in the NY Times.





If you%26#39;re interested in having a look, here%26#39;s a directory I found of lots of websites that have special sizes.



dmoz.org/Shopping/鈥?/a>





I%26#39;ve found lots of websites that carry these but I guess that doesn%26#39;t help.




There is a large size shoe store on 35th st just off of 5th avenue. I don%26#39;t know the name of it, but I work right around the corner, so I will pop over there and report back later on today.





As for you Bettina... have you ever been to Giordano%26#39;s behind Bloomingdale%26#39;s on 2nd ave? They specialize in small sizes. A good friend of mine is a very small size 5 and was basically barefoot until that store entered her life.



Here%26#39;s the website... http://www.petiteshoes.com/




I have very wide feet (paddles!), so I hear you sister.





DSW carries larger sizes. Esp. check their clearance racks. amazing!





This is their website:



http://www.dswshoe.com/store_locations.jsp





If you are in Tribeca, go to Anna%26#39;s Place. Worth it.





Anna%26#39;s Place



149 Duane Street



New York, NY 10013



Telephone:



212-267-8069





Here is her website:



鈥ahoo.net/shoelady702-store/bootsandshoes.h鈥?/a>





Yes, that store on 32nd is great, too! But I%26#39;m never in that part of town, so I can%26#39;t remember the name either!!! Sorry!




Eureka!





Claro Wide Width Shoes



3 W 35TH St



New York, NY 10001-2204



(212) 594-0310




Glad you were able to get some help.





I%26#39;m laughing myself silly though over the rowboat line. I used to have a friend who wanted to hang a pair of my shoes from his rear-view mirror. Another wanted to bronze them.





Everyone%26#39;s a comedian!




ljg, have you tried American sizes before? I wear a US size 10, but I wear a 42 Euro. Some of the sizing charts I%26#39;ve seen say that a 42 is equivalent to a US size 12! If you can get into a 10, you won%26#39;t have an easy time finding shoes, but it will be much easier than if you wear an 11 or 12.




Crickey so many responses - thank you all so much :)





When I was in NY last time I managed to get some cheap shoes from TJMaxx - I have a pair of 10w, and a pair of 11%26#39;s. So I think if they%26#39;re wide I can get in a 10....if not I%26#39;d need an 11. I will write down all those shoe shops tho - I%26#39;m determined to get myself some nice shoes whilst I%26#39;m there.





I love you all - not in THAT way in a you guys are great kinda way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment