Thursday, April 8, 2010

When does Fall arrive in Central Park

Trying to find a good time to come to NY next year. I have been for Thanksgiving and this time I would love to come a little earlier, when the evenings are a little longer and NY is not so busy.





I was thinking of maybe the end of September and I would love to see central Park in Fall with all the beautiful trees before the leaves fall and I was wondering is this too early or would I need to wait till maybe mid October. Thank You.



When does Fall arrive in Central Park


Actually, for full Fall color, it%26#39;s more toward late October and early November.





Late September is usually really nice in NYC, but you won%26#39;t see the leaves change color at that time of year.



When does Fall arrive in Central Park


In a couple of weeks, this site should have a foliage alert:



http://iloveny.com/main.asp





Check this site for the foliage report, too:



www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/northeast_us/




Mid-October is still too early for Central Park but if you took a day trip north about 50 to 100 miles the colors would be at their peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment