Thursday, April 8, 2010

Q for Ange (and any other NY bride who transported a...

Hi there





Today I found my wedding dress (Yey!). I found it creased easily even just transporting it to the dressing room! Ange - how did you pack your dress? Can anyone suggest how I can pack it easily and safely? I will have 5 days in NYC before I wed for it to %26#39;drop%26#39; but want to make sure it%26#39;s not an absolute crumpled mess when I arrive at the Hotel.





Many many Thanks as always





PS for those of you who would like to view it you can do so here debenhamsweddings.com/jv/鈥?/a>





Q for Ange (and any other NY bride who transported a...


Hello!



Congratulations on the dress. I traveled with my dress from New Jersey to San Diego, CA and actually just folded it up into a big duffel bag and carried it on. When I got to the hotel I had it steamed by them... it was back in 4 hours...worked out great but was a bit nervewracking.



I also heard that if you call the airlines they may put it into the first-class or captain%26#39;s coat closet for you, to minimize wrinkles.



Good luck!



Q for Ange (and any other NY bride who transported a...


Hi Jenny





That sounds like a good idea! I guess even if I put in in a suit carrier which folds down in half this would be okay also.





Many Thanks for the suggestion :o)




Hi Kerry,



Great dress, it%26#39;s really lovely. I would definately take it in a suit sack and see if you can hang it - i%26#39;m sure the air hostess will be able to hang it somewhere safe for the journey.



Are you letting Ryan see it before the big day?





Speak soon



Cathy




Hi Cathy





Thanks! It%26#39;s all ordered, having it delivered to me at work, lady in the post room is going to give me a hollar when it arrives so I can sneek it in my car quick without any of my friends seeing! This secrecy thing is exciting!!!





Ry has seen the pic, I needed his approval, he%26#39;s always honest with me when it comes to clothing! He loved it but that%26#39;s all he%26#39;s seeing until the big day, I%26#39;m so excited I cannot tell you!!!!





That%26#39;s a good idea asking one of the Cabin Crew to hang it for me, thanks for that!





xx




Bump... sorry but I think there is a problem with my postings!?




Kerry,



Think it%26#39;s cause it%26#39;s in the New York Bit and not New York City,



so that%26#39;s why you%26#39;re not seeing it on the NYC Forum.





It must be really exciting for you, there is nothing like keeping a secret. Hope you get in it the car without anyone seeing it!!





Graham came up with an idea for transporting your dress - wear it!!! he said it won%26#39;t get creased, but be careful with your dinner!!! He was joking, he had been drinking - but he had a serious face!!





Cathy x




Thanks Cathy, I hadn%26#39;t even noticed there was a %26#39;sub%26#39; forum! Doh!





Ha ha at Grahams suggestion! If I didn%26#39;t have a great desire to keep it in mint condition ahead on the 5th I would wear it! Cannot wait to be walking around Manhattan wearing it!




You can always get the wrinkles steamed out once you arrive, if all else fails.




Thanks smdnyc. Do you know of a dry cleaners near 95th Broadway?





TIA :o)




Well my dress has arrived, but it%26#39;s not quite the colour I was expecting (the downside to Internet shopping!). It%26#39;s more of a light goldy colour, in fact it%26#39;s v.similar to the colour your text appears on when you submit a post here! Maybe that%26#39;s a sign!





There were 2 dresses in my size in white in the store but both were shop soiled, they offered me 10% discount but then I%26#39;d have to fork out up to 拢50 to get it dry cleaned, bit annoyed :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment