Sunday, April 4, 2010

xmas tree

coming to nyc 3dec will the xmas tree be up outside the rockerfella center



xmas tree


The tree lighting is the evening of November 30th.



xmas tree


Hello Frank! The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting is Wednesday, November 30th this year - so you will be able to see it up and lit!




many thanks to all




Have a great time Frank from a fellow Mancunian....I am in NY 26th November - 1st December, and thanks to reading your Forum, I will now try and be at the Rockerfeller Tree lighting - and I will let you know how stunning I am sure it will be!





I just love Xmas, and all things about it, and am really looking forward to experiencing some of the NY Xmas spirit!





I%26#39;ll try and post my full trip report as soon as I get back, so if you have time you may be lucky and see some of my piccies!




I heard that this years the Rocketes will dance from Top of The Rock , the new Obvservation deck at the Rockefeller Center



I am sure the ceremony this year willbe a blast



MAke sure to have a spot soon



For souvenirs shopping check the stores at the councorse level or the ones across the Shops at the Columbus Circle




FYI, the tree lighting is VERY VERY crowded. Get there a couple of hours early. There will probably be tight security, so don%26#39;t bring large bags, etc. Go to the bathroom beforehand, since exit and entry will probably be restircted and slow.





Have fun!




On that note: there are OTHER great trees all around NYC at Christmas.





My favorite: The Origami Tree at the Museum of Natural History. It%26#39;s always changing, created by volunteers and is a work of art.





Other notable trees include:





The tree under the Arch at Washington Square Park





The tree at the Metropolitan Museum of Art- I like the fact that it has the same elements year after year.





The tree in the NY public library (look for the owls)





The tree at Broadway and Dykeman Street (another great neighborhood tree way up in Inwood)





The tree in the lobby of the Empire State Building




hi guys when do they take the xmas trees down - will be there on 7th jan - will i be able to see them




Another tree--The one at Lincoln Center with the musical instruments on it.




Juicy, I%26#39;m sorry; the tree comes down Jan. 6th.


  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment