Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sopranos tour

Was thinking of booking a ';Sopranos'; tour as a surprise for my boyfriend as he%26#39;s a big fan of the show - was checking out the itinerary and it includes a visit to ';Badabings';, the lap dancing club.



Just wondering if the club is ';in full swing'; on the tour - I%26#39;m a nice girlfriend, but not that nice!



Sopranos tour


*bump!*





Do you recommend this tour or no?



Any info appreciated!!!



Sopranos tour


Cara, both my son and I are big Sopranos fans but we passed on this tour after reading reports here. People suggested that it was about 3 hours too long and drifted through fairly nondescript areas of New Jersey. I don%26#39;t believe that ';Bada Bings'; is quite as racy in reality as it appears on the show by the way!




I bet they just drive by the strip joint and not go inside since it is a real strip joint (with a different name) and would be open for business. Plus, the inside you see on TV is really a set that%26#39;s in Queen%26#39;s Silvercup Studios, not really inside there.





However, this is just a guess since I%26#39;ve never been on the tour.




My wife and I are addcited to the show, but spending any time in the badlands of New Jersey is just too much to ask ;-)



(That%26#39;s the stretch of land we use to get to Philadelphia, right?)





Re Badabing%26#39;s - It%26#39;s actually called Satin Dolls. The women are scantily dressed rather than topless. In New Jersey, nudity is banned in bars selling alcohol.





Here%26#39;s a good article from The Guardian...





鈥uardian.co.uk/activities/鈥?0.html




Cara, you might like to visit a USA Today review of the tour usatoday.com/money/鈥?001-05-17-bcovthu.htm



Here%26#39;s what they say about Bada Bing: ';Satin Dolls greets visitors with the sign: ';AKA the Bada Bing.'; Some tourists are bummed to find that, unlike their HBO counterparts, the Satin Dolls dancers don%26#39;t dance nude. And there is no photo-taking allowed inside the club.';




We did the Sopranos tour last year and really enjoyed it.





Yes, it was a long day but the guide knew his stuff and we saw all the locations in the show, including having a drink in the Bada Bing.





The club was open for business as usual and the dancers were not topless. It was still felt cool for me as a Soprano fan to drink in Tonys club!





Only down side, as I said, was that it was a long day.




Thank a mil for all your helpful replies. I think I%26#39;ll try to get tickets for the NY Rangers/Montreal ice hockey game instead, as we both like sports as I%26#39;d love to go to Madison Square Garden.



......also a useful bargaining tool when I pitch my plans to see a broadway show!


  • colon cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment