Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yippee -- next week is Wine Week!!

It%26#39;s just an excuse, really. We%26#39;ll be observing the festivities at Manhattan Ocean Club.





www.smithandwollensky.com/eventdetail.asp鈥?/a>



Yippee -- next week is Wine Week!!


Bettina I%26#39;m soooo disappointed, we%26#39;ll miss this by 1 day!! Enjoy.



Jackie



Yippee -- next week is Wine Week!!


Bettina



Thats fantastic news, now that I have got back home!!



How often does the tax free week take place?



When does the food week take place.



Incidentally Josie%26#39;s appears to be closed for refurbishment.



Thank you for all your help during my recent visit to your wonderful city.






Bettina lucky you to live in a city which provides so ,so much entertainment....





nets





p.s Bettina can i ask are you the infamous Oracle from ...Ask A New Yorker?..... I used to visit this forum all the time, but have not posted for some time..(since becoming addicted to TA)...At first you were known as Bettina then changed to Oracle... I remember thinking this person knows the ins %26amp; outs of this city...nothing was too much trouble for her... amazing.. i guess if it was you i realise why you changed your name to the Oracle..... lol





nets



x




NETS, we suggested she should call herself ';Bettoracle'; but it didn%26#39;t fly I%26#39;m afraid. Good sleuthing, %26#39;though!




(in a Homer Simpson voice)..Mmmmm, Wine Week...





I REALLY wish I was there for this.




Infamous?




I%26#39;m going to speak up and take credit for this Oracle naming! It seems so long ago that the Great Name Debate was going on, and you sure seemed like the Oracle to me!




That%26#39;s true. I think Nic gave me Betoracle, which I still use. Daisiegee, you%26#39;ve had so many aliases, sometimes I think you%26#39;re in witness protection!





You guys sure you can%26#39;t beam over for wine week? It looks like my office mates aren%26#39;t all in town for the whole week, so we might have to do TWO wine week lunches. Poor me!




Sssshhhh..they might find me . If ony I could be there next week, you know I would!




Wish i could be there to.... Next week i will be at my local Oddbins lol... Only the setting is not as wonderful as New York City.... Mind you good old Liverpool is not a bad setting.... I will raise a glass or 2 or 3........ to you Bettina for all the wonderful help and information you offer... and also to such nice and helpful folk such as Nic %26amp; Daisiegee as well as many others. Such really wonderful people..







nets

No comments:

Post a Comment