Thursday, April 8, 2010

NYC weather

I%26#39;m from Texas and will be visiting NYC during Spring break. I read that the weather at that time would be 48 degrees. Understand that I am an absolute wimp when it comes to the cold. So can anyone tell me if this is accurate? If so, is it windy? I understand it%26#39;ll be a different 48 degrees there than it is here, I%26#39;d just like to know how different. I mean, will I need earmuffs? (don%26#39;t laugh)



NYC weather


Lol...when is your Spring Break?...if it%26#39;s early March, you might want to pack the earmuffs.



NYC weather


When is your spring break? A couple of years ago it snowed 2 feet the first week of April. So, if your trip is before that I鈥檇 bring a coat for sure. You can buy things like scarves, gloves and ear muffs very inexpensively from street vendors if you鈥檙e still cold.




Spring Break is usually during March and March is usually pretty cold. It can easily snow. However, we might have a heat wave and get all the way up near 50 degrees, who knows. Pack the earmuffs, .......and spring jacket.




Also, I%26#39;d ask again closer to when you%26#39;re packing, unless you really like to get things done and are doing that now.




Check the baseball schedules. If you are here during opening day at Yankee Stadium, it will probably snow.




Our previous visit was 14th-18th March 2003. We couldn%26#39;t believe our luck because the weather was great. There had been loads of snow the week before we arrived but it changed and became really warm. We were walking around with short sleeves. You never can tell eh?




Here%26#39;s a good page for average weather and some other stuff...





http://www.city-data.com/





so for Manhattan, would be:





www.city-data.com/city/New-York-New-York.html





It can be much colder of course, especially if you are here in early March. I would check closer to the date? Though, if high 40s, you would not need earmuffs...




Thanks for everyone%26#39;s input. I may just go in May, not sure yet. Looks like I would definately need the earmuffs and some of those snowski goggles....and a ski mask.




iddev,





These are great web sites. We arrive in New York on 24th September and go to Longboat Key in Florida on 1st October. I can check them both out before we leave. Thanks a lot. Jackie


  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment