Thursday, April 8, 2010

Returning to jamaica - Can you help

I love Jamaica veru much. To me it is a unique, adventurous and exciting place. I spent much time in Jamaica in 1986 and went back alone several time in the following years. I stayed in Negril at Drumville Cove which was simple and rustic. Since then I have been to Ocho Rios on a cruise stop which I didn%26#39;t like at all and Boscobel Beach all inclusive with the family which was nice but far from the REAL Jamaica which I loved.





I am planning to return to Negril with my wife in June, 2006. She is a seasoned traveler but after reading the forum lately I am concerned about the level of hassle and poverty. It will not bother me and I think my wife can handle it I woyuld just like some advice on how to make her feel a little more comfortable. I want her to love the real Jamaice as much as me so that we can return many times in the future.





I love the cliffs but this time I am thinking 6 nights on the beach at Country, Country or Idle Awhile and the 6 nights on the cliffs at Sea Grape Villas. Are there any recommendations other than these hotels considering the hassle factor? Does anyone like these hotel choices or can you recommend others? I chose these because of the reviews and the pictures online made them seem simple yet pretty, modern and neat in the rooms. I am also looking to sit on our verranda at the beach and see the sunset. Is that possible? Are you hassled more at the beach than the cliffs? If we decide to stay on the cliffs for the whole time is it easy to get back and forth to the beach? How much is a taxi from the cliffs to the beach and back? Can you still walk along the cliffs road without fear of getting hit by a car?



I heard that there is more to do by walking at the beach than the cliffs. Is this so or are the cliffs still as wonderful as I remember? Can anyone help or give advice as to a place to stay where my wife may feel a tad more comfortable and hassled a little less (if that%26#39;s possibe)? I refuse to stay at an all inclusive! That is not the real Jamaica to me. I like simplicity but some place might be a bit to dumpy for my wife.



Jamaica is still my favorite exotic destination. IRIE!



Returning to jamaica - Can you help


I love Jamaica too but, I think you are on the wrong site...this is New York City forum. No problem mon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment