Thursday, April 8, 2010

Is Carmel car servies good?

Hello,





My boyfriend and I as well as 4 of our friends are heading to NYC end of Sept. I%26#39;ve heard about Carmel shuttle/car services. We%26#39;re landing in Newark and need transportation to our hotel at the Hilton Times Square. Is Carmel good, any experiences with them? or is there another company that anyone can recommend?



Thanks to everyone here who%26#39;s given me advice before when I was planning this trip a year ago... Can%26#39;t wait to go there!



Is Carmel car servies good?


I use them all the time and find them reliable and a good value. Make sure you tell them you need a vehicle for 6 people.



Is Carmel car servies good?


I also use Carmel frequently and have never had a problem. As the previous poster said make sure they know the # of your party so that they can send the appropriate vehicle. By the way, cars are individually owned %26amp; operated.




I%26#39;m thinking of booking with Gotham Limousines as they do an all-inclusive package. Anyone any views on them?




...another satisfied Carmel customer here.




Gotham is all inclusive, i.e. includes tolls a tip, ans they will meet you in the terminal but they are considerably more than Carmel




According to other posters here, for 6 people Carmel will recommend a minivan and charge more than Crown limo which will send a stretch limo--more fun, less money. The price for a stretch for 6 from Crown I think has been quoted at about $75.





1800mycrown.com





There%26#39;s no benefit to ';all included'; if what they include is more than you need to pay. I also find when the co. includes the tip in the price, the driver always somehow expects something more. I prefer to choose how much I tip rather than be told. Maybe they%26#39;ll try a little harder.




nyc10025 and nywhiz,





Thanks again for your advice. I was beginning to think maybe it was a bit pricey. I read earlier on the forum someone saying that the cars can vary in quality with Carmel so that made me unsure. I was also thinking it would be less hassle as the tolls and tip were included. What will the tolls be and also what tip will be expected?



Jackie




A couple of years ago i made a reservation with Carmel and they did not turn up at JFK.I gave them a call with my reservation number .. they said with the weather being bad they could not supply a car... (bad snowstorm)...





I accepted this and made my way to the taxi line. A few days before i was due to fly home i contacted them again to pick us up.. they did not turn up after 30 minutes i booked a transfer through the hotel. Ever since i have used Tel-A -Viv...no prob%26#39;s at all.





That was just my experience but every one else seems to rate them. I guess they have improved.





nets




The tip is generally 15-20% of the quoted price (without the toll) so if the price is $75, a tip of $10-15 is appropriate. The toll is $4.




Thank you, it%26#39;s decision time!

No comments:

Post a Comment