Thursday, April 8, 2010

Going back to Negril - can you help??

I spent much time in Negril in 1986 and loved it. Sure it was poor and different but that%26#39;s what was exciting about it. I syaed at Drumville Cove alone. I plan to return in June, 2006 with my wife. She has been to Ocho Rios with me on a cruise and we stayed with family at Boscobel Beach. I preferred by far experiencing the real JA. This time I also want her to experience the REAL Jamaica and to me that is Negril. I read many comments on the Forum lately about how the hassle factor is up and poverty is at an all time high and I don%26#39;t want her to be turned off. She is a seasoned traveler and I think she will cope. I would just like to make her experience at little easier and more comfortable.



I thought we%26#39;d stay 6 nights on the beach at Country, Country or Idle Awhile and 6 nights on the cliffs at The Sea Grape Villas. Online these places seem to be a little more modern and pretty, especially the rooms. I do not want anything fancy but I do not want to take her to a dump either. I thought that Dumville Cove was a little too rustic. It was great for me alone but I think with my wife I would like a tad more. I love the cliffs, but I understand there is more happening on the beach. Will we be hassled more on the cliffs or beach? Will we feel more or less threatened on the beach or cliffs? Can anyone recommend other places to stay that might make her feel more comfortable? Maybe a place where there may be less hassling on the beach if there is such a thing. I refuse to go to an all inclusive in JA. That is just not experiencing JA as far as I%26#39;m concerned.



Lastly, if we decide to stay full time at the cliffs, how easy is it to get to the beach? How much is a taxi from the cliffs tro the beach? Can we walk along the cliffs road without getting hit by a car? Are you hassled less at the cliffs? I love Jamaica. It is still my favorite exotic destination! Thanks.



Going back to Negril - can you help??


I think you may have forgotten to change the TA forum page after posting your other question. Hopefully someone on the Jamaica forums will be able to help.



Going back to Negril - can you help??


You seem to have posted this to the wrong board. You might want to try reposting to the Jamaica board.






Many people say Negril is not as good as it used to be, but ok for basic Carribean food. Here is a review:





鈥itysearch.com/profile/7104899/new_york_ny/鈥?/a>





Re: Jamaica: Now that the AirTrain stops at Sutphin Boulevard, and they improved the LIRR connection, I like it a lot better. But the Jamaica LIRR station itself still leaves a lot to be desired.





http://www.mta.info/mta/airtrain.htm




QB - you absolutley make my day - LOL!




Queens,





If I had stitches they%26#39;d be bursting! As the say in some parts of Scotland %26#39;Geez a brek%26#39;. In other words %26#39;Give us a break%26#39;. That would be the west of course not the east . (just joking....)




I always thought Negril was the name of a drug designed to relieve inflammation of the inner ear. But perhaps it is simply one of those words with multiple applications.




Insightful - the only connection I can think of between the word ';drug'; and the word ';Negril'; is ganja, as in ';pass de spliff, mon'; ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment