Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bad Time in NYC toay

I went to the city today and it was the worst time I have had.



I was walking across the street and a couple bumped into me and instead of saying sorry or even giving me a chance to say a polite i%26#39;m sorry they called me a moron, fat and told me ';tourist go home';



not sure ehat was up with them or why they did this to me, but I can see why they say New Yorkers are not nice.



Bad Time in NYC toay


From my experience your experience today sounds very unusual. If indeed this happened to you please do not generalize and judge all New Yorkers by the two people you encountered.



Bad Time in NYC toay


Agree with above poster, sorry this happened, but I have had unpleasant experiences in lots of cities I have visited but I don%26#39;t generalize about the entire population.





You just happened to run into TWO very rude %26amp; inappropriate people, there is no excuse for this kind of behavior.





Also, who knows where these people are from, they could be from Long Island or New Jersey, Westchester, wherever.




mama, I have been to Portland an the people there where all very nice, very much liked the resturant that was a school.



While I agree with both of you that it is not always right to generalize about cities and the people who live there, every time I have been to NYC there has been some type of rude behavior.



NYCgirl i%26#39;m sure you are very nice but not so much the rest of your neighbors :(




there are rude people everywhere


not just NYC




Did you at least pickpocket them?




Sorry you had that experience. I%26#39;ve never encountered rudeness like that in NYC (to be told ';Tourist go home';)...or anywhere else come to think of it. Obviosly a very bad day for those who said it!





And by the way QB...you%26#39;ve given me my first good chuckle of the day!!!




I can only hope those rude people were also tourists, and that they%26#39;ve gone home by now.





But you know, there are something like 15 million people in the metro NY area, so there are bound to be a few who aren%26#39;t so nice.




They were Canadian. It%26#39;s the problem with the accent. I%26#39;m sure they were trying to say ';madam, I want t%26#39;just go home';. They were probably Quebeckers. Happens all the time in Toronto.




kidding, kidding, before I get attacked! I LOVE Quebec!



but yes, unfortunately, there are rude people everywhere.




Yeah, I read in the local newspapers about these things happening here in Edinburgh too although I haven%26#39;t encountered it either, thank goodness. (and we from the east of the country are supposed to be the posh ones!) It happens everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment