Thursday, April 8, 2010

October Weather - what to pack?

Could anyone tell me what the weather is like at the begining of October? will i need to pack a coat or will a jacket do?



October Weather - what to pack?


Hi Dockers





I too am in NYC that week have been told that temps can top 22 degrees during the day but can get chilly late at night so a jacket should be suffice.



October Weather - what to pack?


Layers.



Jacket over sweater (jumper) over blouse/t-shirt, etc.



Wool pea coats are perfect.



Also, sunglasses.





You might need a golves and hat, but if you don%26#39;t want to pack them, you can buy them inexpensively.




Why will i need sunglasses?




I%26#39;m taking my sunnies - meant to be really sunny in October - here%26#39;s hoping!



Cathy




I hope it is i am looking forward to strolling round Central Park after a hard days shopping. Not long now.




We were there last october and the weather was brilliantly sunny - so pack those sun glasses. I only had a light jacket, which I only used at night as it could get chilly. During the day it was a shirt or t-shirt. Only day I felt cold there was the 1st day and I bought a scarf, but I think it was more jet lag that was making me feel chilled than the weather. The weather we have had in London/Essex for the last couple of days (excluding today) is what it was like in NY last Oct.




That is really good to hear! Thanks Angelica




Isn%26#39;t it just - we have a real dilema what to pack as after NYC going to New England - where the weather is going to be cooler - I was going to be good with my packing this year - think I%26#39;m going to have to change my mind!!




CathyC - remember the less you pack to go out the more you can come home with!! I%26#39;m planning on taking two pairs of trousers/Jeans and a handful of t-shirts for the 7 days we%26#39;re there for - however, if I dont buy anything you%26#39;ll be able to smell me from round the block!! So I guess what I%26#39;m thinking about packing and what actually goes in the case may be two different things.....lol




We were thinking about taking an empty case!





Will try not to take too much, (altho I probably will!) I have my eye on a new pair of trainers to buy before we go so that I can hot foot it around the city comfortably!

No comments:

Post a Comment