Monday, March 29, 2010

What Digital Camera (worth a shot!!!)



Good day to you all





H2B and I are currently shopping around on the Internet for a good Digital Camera for our trip to NYC. We are looking at spending 拢100-拢150, I know we probably won%26#39;t get something quite so great for that price but as long as it%26#39;s take a pretty good pic that%26#39;s all we%26#39;re concerned about.





We have short listed 3:-





Canon Powershot A520



Kodak Easyshare Z700



Nikon Coolpix 5600





Does anyone own any of those and can recommend? Or does anyone own any other good camera we could check out?





Many many Thanks as always



What Digital Camera (worth a shot!!!)


My H2B is a photographer and raves about Nikons - I have a coolpix 4800 and he has a big more expensive thing. I find mine easy to use and it takes clear pics.....my friend has a canon powershot and she loves that so I can recommend both of those - don%26#39;t know about the kodak - have you looked on amazon.co.uk and see what reviews people have given them?



What Digital Camera (worth a shot!!!)


We had a Nikon Coolpix 5100 and were not happy with it at all. We sold it on ebay after some lousy pictures at my son%26#39;s wedding, and went with a Sony, which we are much happier with.




Diva


I to am very interested in your post as i too am on the look out for a digital camera. I think it is about time i joined the 21st century lol...



i do not want anything to complicated so i will keep checking your post for idea%26#39;s.



Nets



P.S I am glad to hear all the wedding plans are falling into place .I am sure you will have a truly wonderful day.



x




I received a Sony Cybershot 5.0Megapixel for my birthday and absolutely love it!! Pics are clear and even does 3 min. videos. This was bought in the price range you indicated but, it was over a year ago and don%26#39;t know what they are going for now.




Thank you all for your responses. I think we are going to go for the Kodak Z700 easyshare, we have done (well Ry has!) some extensive research and this one comes back again and again.





For anyone else that%26#39;s interested have a look at this:- www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=1216. Pretty lengthy review but have a look at pages 4 and 5 for some sample pix, you will see that the Zoom is not that impressive but the regular shots are brilliant.





NETS - thank you for your kind wishes, v.sweet. Have a look at this website, might give you some ideas:- www.digital-cameras.com/digital-cameras.htm鈥?/a>





Ciao for now




Compare the prices at B%26amp;H, it might be worth your while to buy the camera here:



http://www.bhphotovideo.com/





Typically it%26#39;s considerably cheaper if you buy it here. I just love this store. You%26#39;ve got to wait to see a salesman (they do give you candy while you%26#39;re on line), but then you can take as much time as you want and you can handle the cameras.




Thanks Bettina I will have a look




Good Tip Bettina, I checked the BHP webiste and believe it or not, its actually cheaper to order and get one shipped from BHP than it is to buy here!!! how crazy is that? Whats standard US Mail like for reliability though?





by the way, I am the guy Diva78 is hugging!




I think you should shoot B%26amp;H an email and ask them how they ship overseas. But I think if you do that, you%26#39;ll also have to pay import duty, which might negate any savings. If you can wait until you arrive, you can buy it duty-free, mail the paperwork back home separately, and just carry the camera. And don%26#39;t forget you%26#39;ve got to get a separate UK warranty.




Other websites for reading reviews and advice



www.dpreview.com/



http://www.imaging-resource.com/



http://www.consumersearch.com/



www.dcresource.com and



www.steves-digicams.com





I don%26#39;t know about price but the Canons get good reviews. I%26#39;ve also heard Nikon is good and can be had here for about $200 with rebates.





If you%26#39;re not familiar with digital cameras, spend some time to read how they work (which I didn%26#39;t do). Get rechargeable batteries and a recharger (and adapter to use here).

No comments:

Post a Comment