Tuesday, March 30, 2010

info on aerlingus

Hi all,





I am flying out of Dublin on the 30th Nov @ 4 p.m. As i am a diabetic and have to eat at regular intervals i was wondering if anyone has any experience on this air line? Do they serve meals on their transalantic flights. I flew with aerlingus in business class a couple of years ago and recieved great service but I am afraid I will be in the cheap seats this time. I have also read on the forums that flying with them is equivelant to flying to spain on a charter and as the service is basic thought I better check.





Thanks for any help



info on aerlingus


yes aerlingus do provide meals on transatlantic flights. they comprise of starter, choice or main course, dessert and soft drinks. beer, wine etc are at an extra cost.



Also if you require a special meal( eg vegetarian, diabetic, gluten free etc) contact them now to get your order in as soon as possible.



I%26#39;m flying with them in december from glasgow via dublin to jfk and i got such a good deal on flights with them that im not really bothered if the service isn%26#39;t perfect. as long as i get to nyc thats all that matters.



Anyway, hope this helps and for more information regarding transatlantic services on aerlingus go to www.aerlingus.com. thats where i got this info. you have to hunt around a bit on the website to find it all but its there! Have a great time.



info on aerlingus


Definately agree about ordering special meals. I always do when they serve a meal (have done this on various airlines but not Aerlingus) and you can get the type of food you need, and you get served first, which would probably help you.



Give them a call and let them know and they will accomodate your needs, for sure!




Truedub, I have never flown with any of the big american airlines so I guess I have nothing to compare Aer Lingus with but I have always found them fine. You will get an in flight meal however when we flew to NY with them last year there was awful turrbulence and they were unable to serve tea and a scone near the end of the flight so with your medical condition you may need to bring some extra food with you just in case.




Hi true dub, I flew Aerlingus to Boston and the guy in front of me had identified himself as a diabetic. They really looked after him during the flight. They stored his insulin inthe fridge in the galley and checked him constantly to see if he needed anything. The food was fine, typical airline stuff ,but edible. But I do remember the kindness shown to this man. Maybe if you do the same and let them about your condition , they will do the same for you. This was in 03 , hopefully the situation is still the same!




If you need to bring syringes with you onto an Aer Lingus flight, it%26#39;s a good idea to get a letter from your doctor explaining that you are a diabetic. To the best of my knowledge, they keep the syringes and medication for you and give them to you when required. Not sure what the position is if you simply use medication to control your diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment