Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nypd Museum

Anybody visited? I%26#39;m planning on taking it in during the downtown part of my itinerary, along with South St Museum, Battery Park and walk across Brooklyn Bridge. From the website it seems quite small ( not that there%26#39;s anything wrong with that!). Am I right to assume that I don%26#39;t need to plan for more than an hour there?







Nypd Museum


I was there about two years ago. Worth a trip. Yes, an hour%26#39;s about right. Though you might want to see if you can time it to use the FATS simulator (for free) while you%26#39;re there. It%26#39;s just like the firearms simulator that cops use during training. A video plays and you stand there with an electronic gun and have to determine whether the situation requires you to fire at a suspect. An actual NYPD trainer. Very educational. Oops, sorry ... just checked the website (http://www.nycpolicemuseum.org/) and I%26#39;m not sure the FATS is still there. Museum%26#39;s still worth a visit though.


  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment