Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tipping...How much

Could anyone clarify how much I should tip hotel staff during my 5 day stay in New York in October. If it makes any difference I will be staying at a 5 star hotel close to Central Park... I have heard of various amounts that I should give them, but I do not want to offend anyone by not giving enough!



Tipping...How much


A five-star hotel will warrant tips in the high range of the following, but IMO, the range is pretty accurate.





In general:



-chambermaids should get $2-$3 per day



-bellmen should get $2-$5 per bag



-parking attendants should receive $2-$5 per car



-door attendants should get $1-$2 when they hail you a cab.





The Concierge Desk:



While concierge service is provided by the hotel at no cost to guests, in some cases, such as when the concierge has to work a little harder for special requests, a gratuity is appropriate, approximately $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment