Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving Parade, advice

Hi all,



Can you please give me advice on what time to get to the parade and where to sit? I think someone (Bettina maybe?) posted this once, but I can%26#39;t find it. I belive everyone talked my family into going to the parade and I just wonder how much time to allot. Like 7am-1pm? any ideas? Thanks so much. By the way I got the Exclesior for our third night stay for 239.00 per night. Is that a pretty good deal?



Thanksgiving Parade, advice


We went last year and sat at the corner of 62nd St. and Central Park West. We got there about 7:00 and were at the curb. Just be careful. Hold on to your spots, because people will try to push you out of the way as it gets closer. Stand your ground. I liked the UWS because the parade got to us around 9:20 and we were done by about 11:00 if I remember correctly. Have a great time.



Thanksgiving Parade, advice


Here%26#39;s the link to the official site, which has lots of info. (If your computer is set to automatically block pop-ups, you%26#39;ll have to switch that feature off temporarily, as the index page on the Macy%26#39;s site appears as a pop-up.)





www1.macys.com/campaign/parade/index.jsp鈥?/a>





Congratulations on getting the Excelsior! It%26#39;s going to be just a wee bit crowded on the street the night before.





Have fun.




Hubby %26amp; I went a couple/few years ago. It was the best.





7 a.m. is good. The year we went was VERY C-O-L-D. I purchased those cheap fold up seats and left them in a trashbasket when we were finished with them (I think I spied someone removing them almost as fast!). These seats kept the crowd from being right on top of us and gave us much needed relief from time to time.





I highly reccomend bringing some pieces of cardboard to stand on if it is cold like the year we went. We had on some kind of below zero boots and still our feet froze. The cardboard would have helped a bit.





We stood just south of Central Park West on the east side of the street in front of a deli so we had hot coffee all morning and there was a coffee shop that let people in to use the facilities (all that coffee).





It is an experience to remember. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment