Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Butane Gas Hair Straighteners

Sorry this is such a girlie post, but I really don%26#39;t think I can go 2 weeks with curly hair as per Monica from Friends in Barbados - ring any bells





I have decided not to take my fantastic GHD hair straighteners with me to the States as they are 220V and can%26#39;t be used with a converter plug thingy.





But I would like to take my Braun Independent Butane Gas Straighteners - but want to know if I am allowed to take them on the plane. Some people say yes, others say no.



Thanks



Cathy C



Butane Gas Hair Straighteners


BA says this...



Restricted Articles





The following items may be carried with special precautions (details are available from your local British Airways office):







Sporting guns





Medicines and toilet articles





Matches and lighters





Butane hair stylers





basically...call the airline and ask...you may have to take out the gas of the straightners and only travel with a brand new one etc....double check to be safe!





Butane Gas Hair Straighteners


You are not alone. See this post:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k256127-鈥?/a>





Search ';GHD'; in this forum to find your kindred sisterhood.




Horrors on the hair stuff. Don%26#39;t take anything flammable. Have you ever considered that your beautiful curls might be an incredible asset?




I love my curls - took me years to accept them tho! have you tried tigi catwalk curls rock? I get it from the hair dressers and it%26#39;s the only thing that tames mine (or stops it from frizzing up in the rain). Actually can you get that in NY and if so any ideas how much it is - might be an idea to stock up whilst I%26#39;m there!




How do I know what voltage my straightners are?! I have the GHD Classic Iron...



I have read on here that they work for some but not others...



Cheers




I took my GHD straighteners both times I%26#39;ve been to New York and they worked fine. They don%26#39;t get quite as hot as they do at home, but they straightened my hair no problem (and my nicknmae among friends is %26#39;Monica%26#39;. I never find gas straighteners as good, so I wouldn%26#39;t hesitate to take your GHD%26#39;s with you.




I knwo with qantas your are allowed to take one hair straightener gas cylinder on the aircraft, might be the same for BA.




Failing that we could always buy some when we%26#39;re there Cathy, what the name of the Pharmacy opp The Newton?... maybe they%26#39;ll sell them!





So glad I%26#39;ve got a hairdresser booked to do my hair for my wedding!




Thanks for all your responses, think I will take my GHD%26#39;s then, I%26#39;m sure they will be better than most straighteners even when not as hot, and will ring my airline about the butane ones - probably take these as well, I suppose I could always take the cylinder out and buy a new one in NY.





Kerry, my GHD%26#39;s are the classic ones too, if the power goes off in the hotel - I know you%26#39;re straightening your hair! Ha Ha.





Worst comes to worse I%26#39;ll have another holiday with wavy hair, I think I will try some of the Tigi Curly Wurly hair stuff, will stop at Haridressers on way home



But would rather be straight - Hubby called me Monica, when on hols in Barbados - it was quite funny got off the plane with poker straight hair, within a couple of hours I was Monica - (I write lots of lists - not that bossy though!) - It%26#39;s the Humidity!!!





Thanks again



Cathy




Ditto Cathy!





It%26#39;s quite funny coz I really hate my natural curls, (well can%26#39;t really call it curls it%26#39;s more of a bush!) but I like to do barrell curls in my hair with my GHD%26#39;s when I go out, bizarre!

No comments:

Post a Comment