Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fall in New York

My husband and I are looking to go New York City in October sometime. As of right now we are looking at the weekend of the 14th or the 28th. Are there any neighborhood festivals those weekends? What is the ';best'; area to stay in that time of year?





We are 29 and have been to NYC once before, Easter weekend and are a little familiar with the city....





We are just dying to get back!!





thanks!



Fall in New York


Around the middle of the month there is the 8th Avenue Autumn Festival and the Avenue of the Americas Family Expo.





The third week or so, there are festivals at Washington Square and Third Avenue.





Close to the end of the month, just before halloween, there is also a festival on Park Avenue South.





For my money, I would try to book something along Park Avenue South to be close to Central Park. If you catch a break the foliage is fantastic.















Fall in New York


Wingman, did you mean to say Central Park South?





Autumn in New York is so pretty, I agree that staying near the park would be fine. I like the upper west side, and would suggest you take a look at these hotels -- Lucerne, Excelsior, Beacon, Belleclaire, Milburn, On the Ave.




Yes I did, Bettina. Good catch.




The calendar on nycvisit.com should tell you. I don%26#39;t think either of those weekends has any special street fairs but there are weekly things like the Union Square market and the Hell%26#39;s Kitchen flea market.





Hotel prices have been astronomical this fall. I%26#39;d pick whichever weekend has the best rates and I%26#39;d stay wherever you can get the best deal. The upper westside is a good idea since it%26#39;s often less than midtown and lots to see and do up there. I%26#39;d also check the Park South Hotel which sometimes has weekend specials. It%26#39;s in a good area for restaurants and getting around. It%26#39;s a very nice hotel although rooms are smallish.



parksouthhotel.com





You might also check travelzoo.com and see if there are any specials (but I doubt it).





If you%26#39;re looking for a bargain, the Cosmopolitan is a newish budget hotel in Tribeca that would be fine for a weekend stay and would put you near the trendier, younger downtown areas.




In about a month, this site should have a foliage alert:





http://iloveny.com/main.asp





Check this site for the foliage report:





www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/northeast_us/




Thanks- this will sure help me get started. My husband loved the Upper West Side so I really like the idea of staying there this time. We stayed in Midtown back in April.



Much love to you all. thanks again.



GL


  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment