Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving evening

I am working on our itinerary for Thanksgiving weekend- we will be going to the parade in the morning but we have no plans for the rest of the day. My question is are the stores in Manhattan open that afternoon and evening or is everything pretty much closed for the whole day. Thanks again for all of your help.



Thanksgiving evening


If you type ';Thanksgiving'; into the search box, there are many many posts on this topic.





More things will be closed than open. Call ahead. Try something different - like Asian or Indian food? - for Thanksgiving dinner?



Thanksgiving evening


Everything is pretty much closed as far as major retail outlets are concerned -- and that is the one day of the year my local Chinese takeout closes! They say that%26#39;s the one day that everyone, no matter what their religious or ethinic background, seems to celebrate in a turkey (or at least a non-Chinese takeout) sort of way. The movie theaters are open, and if I am in NYC, I often go to a movie after dinner -- it%26#39;s become a sort of family tradition. The museums are closed, and I think (but am not 100% sure) most of the Broadway theaters are dark too.




Plays happen sometimes. Best bet is to have an excellent dinner, go for a walk, watch some TV, snack a little in the evening, go for another walk, have a nice nightcap and bed down.




MAke sure to visit the new observationd eck at the Rockefeller Center



Visit www.topoftherocknyc.com





You will get the best views in Manhattan and you will not wait online since they have reserved time tickets. Also , the price is amazing $14




If there are any tickets left, consider going to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. It will be jam-packed, but really there are no bad seats. There isn%26#39;t much else to do but eat and watch tv from somewhere.




Thanks for all of your input. We do have tickets for top of the rock and the the radio city Christmas show, we are doing both of those on Thanskgiving Eve. Can%26#39;t wait to get there, I have been hooked on this forum since last thanksgiving when we were watching the parade and decided to go this year. My problem is (because of this forum) I have too many things I want to try and do in just 4 days, so I thought maybe I could squeeze some in on Thanksgiving evening. But if everything is closed up, we will just relax and get ready to be up bright and early and hit the streets on Fri.




Thanks for all of your input. We do have tickets for top of the rock and the the radio city Christmas show, we are doing both of those on Thanskgiving Eve. Can%26#39;t wait to get there, I have been hooked on this forum since last thanksgiving when we were watching the parade and decided to go this year. My problem is (because of this forum) I have too many things I want to try and do in just 4 days, so I thought maybe I could squeeze some in on Thanksgiving evening. But if everything is closed up, we will just relax and get ready to be up bright and early and hit the streets on Fri.




Dinat,



Not sure if Chinatown is in your plans but it is open for business on Thanksgiving.



Have fun!




Time is always an issue in New York...,so many things to do so little time. Don;t get anxious and go with the flow...



If you like music a good option could be going to JAzz at Lincoln Center or you should check the new MoMa

No comments:

Post a Comment