Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Anyone been to the Children's Museum of Manhattan?

We had been planning to go as there is a Dr Seuss exhibition on at present. A previous poster thought it might be more for preschoolers, any ideas?? My kids are 6 and 8. We will be doing The Met %26amp; MoMA as well...do you think it is still worth a look (1 hour or so)?



Felic



(P.S Thanks to all the replies from my previous post)



Anyone been to the Children's Museum of Manhattan?


A friend and I went a while ago with her two 11-year-olds, and we were all disappointed. It looked to me like it%26#39;d be fun if the kids were with a class or had an instructor leading a program.



Anyone been to the Children's Museum of Manhattan?


Is that the one near Washington Square ?




No, the Children%26#39;s Museum is on W. 83rd ST.



http://cmom.org/





I think you%26#39;re thinking of the Children%26#39;s Museum of the Arts, which was not even on my radar screen! Thanks for motivating me to find it.





http://www.cmany.org/





There%26#39;s a Brooklyn Children%26#39;s Museum, too



http://www.brooklynkids.org




The Manhattan one was boring for my 4 year old. She was entertained for about 15 minutes %26amp; then wanted to leave. Like the previous posted said, it would be fund during a class trip with all other friends. The Brooklyn one was MUCH better.





A real fun thing for the kids would be a trip to NJ to the Liberty Science Center, that had us all entertained for quite a few hours.




I agree - I%26#39;ve taken my (at that time) 3 yr-old grand daughter who was thrilled to run around the exhibits all day. Most are geared to a 2-4 yr-old interest level.





You should consider Toys-R-Us which has a huge indoor Ferris Wheel on Broadway near 44th. Also consider the new Nintendo World at Rockefeller Center. And if you have any girls, American Girl Place 49th and Fifth.




My 8 %26amp; 10 year old girls were bored there EXCEPT for 2 great things -- a class making treasure maps, partly as it was led by hip young NYCers w/cool music on the boom box, and we all had a blast in the basement playing with the blocks and building cities and watching the little kids around us knock them down. An hour sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment